Table Tracker is a table location system that identifies where guests are sitting so you can deliver food faster. A key component of the Table Tracker system, the Table Tracker Gateway is a small, on-premise device. It interfaces with iOS Table Tracker, but also supports access via a REST API.
|A Tracker is given to customers when they order.||The Tracker reads tags on the customer's table and broadcasts its location.||Food runners reference the Order View to identify a guest's location and deliver food.||Managers can use the Table Tracker app or LRS Connect to view performance reports.|
Orders represent a customer interaction and have the following properties:
- Identified by numbers, such as 1, 2, 3,... that are assigned and associated with a Tracker.
- Move through states such as started, located and cleared.
- Have an order type of
TO_GOand can change types.
TO_GOorder will still be located when a customer places the Tracker on a table while waiting on their order.
- Orders can be paged to notify a customer that their
TO_GOorder is ready for pickup.
See V2 Changes
The Table Tracker Gateway API provides all the necessary methods to implement an solution equivalent to the iOS Table Tracker application.
With the API, you can:
- Start, Locate, Page and Clear active orders.
- Search for all Active Orders.
- Register a REST endpoint to be notified when the status changes for any Active Order.
- Search Order History for reporting or tracking purposes.
- Query daily order statistics to measure average delivery times against a goal.
- View repeaters and enable pairing of repeaters
- View trackers.
- Change gateway settings such as timezone, defaults, and zigbee presets.
- Manage and assign API tokens.
Authentication is similar to OAuth v2 except that the API key that is generated is the token to be used and permanent to the lifetime of the gateway or upon destruction. As a result, there is no second step after API key is created and no temporary token to be generated.
See Authentication for details.
This manner of authentication is only secure if SSL is employed everywhere.
The Gateway discovery mechanism provides a way of dynamically discovering devices that are capable of interacting with the Gateway. The discovery protocol is an implementation of Bonjour. The Gateway advertises the service type of
Updated 12 months ago